Every summer I search for new ways to use the variety of in season tomatoes available. I found some super sweet cherry tomatoes recently and just couldn’t bear to use them the same way I always do – Caprese style. Not that there is anything wrong with a Caprese salad or Caprese sandwich, I absolutely love them. This time though I wanted to stay away from the usual suspects of basil and mozzarella with a balsamic glaze. After much thought and cookbook searching (my favorite pastime), I decided to try my tomatoes with marjoram and paprika. Not your standard flavor combination for tomatoes but everything I read said this was a great way to spice things up.
I have to tell you…I cannot believe how amazing this recipe turned out. Not only did it look great on the plate but it was full of cozy flavors. The marjoram and paprika were so warm and somewhat addictive together – I was scraping the pan for every last bit of the sauce. Combine that with the concentrated flavor of sweet, roasted tomatoes…I am officially hooked! Let me know what you think of this comforting chicken dish.
Sautéed Chicken Breasts with a Cherry Tomato Pan Sauce
4 Tbsp Butter, softened
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tsp Marjoram
1 1/4 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
4 Thin cut chicken breast, skinless and boneless
4 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
2 1/3 Tbsp Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Mash butter, garlic, marjoram, paprika, salt, pepper, and butter in small bowl.
- Melt half of the butter mixture in skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, browning on each side. Cover for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken to 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, increase heat to medium high. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes begin to blister and burst, about 7 minutes. Add a teaspoon of olive oil if pan smokes significantly.
- Add remaining butter mixture to skillet. Using spatula, lightly crush tomatoes so they release juices but do not lose shape completely. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to tomato pan sauce and cook to warm. Serve chicken breasts with pan sauce and tomatoes. Garnish with parsley.