For about 60 days each year I love peaches. The rest of the year is spent waiting for the summer as the next round of perfect peaches comes around again. I have yet to be convinced to eat peaches any other time of year. Unless you can get your peaches during that sweet spot of time when they are ripe and sweet, what’s the point in eating them?
So, it’s that time of year. I pick up peaches every week. I eat them with breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Today, I am focused on dinner. Everyone knows that pork and fruit go so well together so why not try the peach? After giving this dinner some thought I knew I wanted to have a meal with a warm and inviting flavor – not overly sweet, not overly spicy. That is how Sweet and Spicy Peach Pork Chops came about. The fresh ripe peaches combined with the kick of cayenne and Worcestershire sauce along with a sweet Riesling makes for a tasty little pork chop. And guess how the leftover Riesling was used up? A perfect dinner companion.
Give these Sweet and Spicy Peach Pork Chops a try this week…there is only so much time left to perfect peach season!
Sweet and Spicy Peach Pork Chops
4 Pork chops, boneless
3 Peaches, sliced
1/2 Cup Riesling wine
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to pan, browning on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes per side).
- Remove pork chops from skillet, placing in oven. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until 160 degree in the center. Allow pork chops to rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- While baking, deglaze pan with wine. Scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Reduce to half.
- Add peaches, worschestire, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.