It’s Thursday…that means it’s time to start thinking about your Sunday dinner again! You may want to consider a Sirloin Tip Roast this weekend. This roast is easy, very tasty, and requires only a few ingredients. You can also serve quite a few people on what appears to be a small hunk of beef.
I usually cook my roasts in a crock pot but I wanted to use the oven method this time. Since I started out with a high temperature, it did heat up my house for a bit. However, the flavor on the outside of the beef was well seasoned and full of one of my favorite flavors…garlic! Inside, the beef was tender and delicious. As you can see in the picture, my family likes their beef well done. Just follow the directions for the correct temperature using a simple meat thermometer and you can have your roast cooked to your preference.
Pick up a roast at your supermarket this week and get ready for an easy and delicious Sunday dinner.
Sirloin Tip Roast
2 lb Sirloin tip roast
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- Bring meat to room temperature, about 1-2 hours.
- After bring meat to room temperature, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Season the roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Mix vegetable oil and garlic. Rub the oil mixture onto the roast. Ensure all of the roast is covered with the mixture.
- Place the meat on a roasting pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes to brown.
- Remove roast from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Return meat to oven. Use meat thermometer occasionally to test for desired doneness. Rare = 120-125 degrees; Medium =140-150 degrees; Well =160-170 degrees.
- Remove from oven when the temperature reaches 5-10 degrees below your desired doneness (the temp will continue to rise).
- Cover meat with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes.