Sometimes a muffin is the only thing you want for breakfast. You aren’t in the mood for cereal, oatmeal, or eggs and bacon. There is only one food to satisfy the craving…a muffin. Personally, I like my muffins fruity. Blueberry, apple-cinnamon, peaches and cream, raspberry almond…any fruity muffin works for me. During the summer, muffins become very plentiful in my house with all the fresh berries begging for me to take them home. Today, it is all about the strawberries I picked up yesterday.
These strawberry muffins are moist and slightly sweet with a cinnamon background. The best part though is the muffin top. Before I bake these muffins I add a streusel topping that completely melts and becomes a crunchy, buttery, and very sweet muffin top. I save the muffin top for last because it the best and perfect bite. Give these strawberry muffins with the perfect top a try this weekend. Let me know if you enjoyed them as much as I did.
Strawberry Muffins with a Streusel Topping
1 1/2 Cups Strawberries, diced small
1 1/2 Cups Flour (All Purpose)
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
4 Tbsp Water
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Cold butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or add muffin liners to pan.
- In large bowl, add flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, oil, and strawberries.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix just until moistened.
- In small bowl, combine all Streusel ingredients and cut in butter with fork until crumbs are coarse.
- Add muffin mix to pan, filling three quarters full. Sprinkle the Streusel mix over the muffins generously.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack in muffin pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.