It’s Hump Day! That day of the week where we all start seeing the light at the end of the work week tunnel. What better way to celebrate this day than to make up a batch of the freshest, easiest and tastiest margaritas!
I don’t know about you but I have never been able to make a margarita that I am pleased with from a store bought mix. There is just something missing. I like that with this recipe I can control just how tart my drink is through the adding of more sugar or orange juice and of course, I can use my mood to determine how strong I want my margarita. Some days call for an extra shot of tequila and other days, when my mood is great; I leave the alcohol content alone and rim the glass with a mix of sugar and salt. What mood are you in today?
Fresh Squeezed Margaritas
1/2 Cup Fresh squeezed lime juice, about 4 limes
1/2 Cup Fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 3 limes
1/4 Cup Fresh squeezed orange juice, about 1large orange
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Pinch Salt
3/4 Cup Tequila
3/4 Cup Triple sec
1/4 Cup Coarse salt for rim of glass
4 Lime wedges
- Combine lime, lemon, and orange juices. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well until sugar is dissolve. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Strain juice mixture into a pitcher.
- Add tequila and triple sec. Stir well.
- Using a lime wedge, rim the glasses first with lime wedge then coarse salt.
- Pour margarita mix over ice. Serve immediately with a lime wedge.