Some days just require a sweet dessert that is simply decadent. This cupcake does the job. A seriously moist banana cupcake with a caramel candy melted into the cake. It’s then frosted with the thickest, creamiest, sweetest caramel frosting. Need I say more? Well….yes.
Here’s what I absolutely LOVE about these cupcakes. First, they are easy to make from scratch. Second, the cupcake is amazingly soft and almost gooey without falling apart. Third, the caramel frosting is on the verge of too sweet without crossing the line…you know what I mean. Fourth, these cupcakes are unique and just plain delicious! And finally, in case you couldn’t tell, YUMMY! Take about an hour this weekend and try these Banana Caramel Cupcakes!
Banana Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
2 1/2 Cups Flour (All Purpose)
1 Tbsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Light brown sugar
4 Bananas, mashed
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
12 Soft caramels, small, (Werther’s Chewy Originals)
1 1/4 Cups Light brown sugar
1/3 Cup Heavy cream
6 Tbsp Butter
1 3/4 Cups Confectioner’s sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Mix in bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk intermittently to the butter mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into tins until half full. Add one caramel horizontally to center of batter. Spoon in remaining batter to top of tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes then remove cupcakes to wire rack to fully cool.
- Make frosting: In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, salt, and cream to a boil for one minute over medium heat. Reduce heat and boil another minute, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Beat well with hand mixer until thick and smooth. Frost cupcakes.