I woke up craving a hearty breakfast, but I really didn’t want to have a mess to clean up afterwards. By making a sandwich, there is only one pan to clean so I made this Maple Bacon Breakfast Croissant. I love combining the flavors of maple syrup with salty bacon and a buttery croissant. This breakfast is kind of like a giant pancake breakfast with eggs and bacon…but without all that work!
As you wake up today, or any other day, and find yourself craving a big breakfast, put this Maple Bacon Breakfast Croissant together. One pan and a tasty breakfast sandwich later you will be off to a great day!
Bacon Maple Breakfast Croissant Recipe
1/4 Cup Maple syrup
4 Slices Thick cut bacon
2 Slices Sharp cheddar cheese
- Slice croissants in half. Toast very lightly.
- Brush both sides of each croissant with maple syrup.
- In large sauté pan, fry bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside on paper towels.
- Leave about 1 tbls of bacon drippings in the pan. Over medium heat, fry the eggs to your liking (over easy, hard, etc.). Add a slice of cheese to each egg and allow to melt.
- Build sandwich by placing eggs and cheese on bottom half of croissant. Top with bacon and top half of croissant. Serve hot.