Have you ever heard the saying that ‘everything tastes better with bacon’? I don’t generally subscribe to this theory…I am way too interested in variety for that kind of thinking. In this case though, I believe the saying to be true. Somehow taking some veggies that we do not eat every day and cooking them in bacon drippings and adding the crumbled bacon, makes them absolutely delectable. Add some garlic, onions and crunchy buttery bread crumbs and you have taken this dish to another level. So here you have it…the usually boring cauliflower with the ingredient that makes everything taste better… bacon. I hope you enjoy this delicious side dish as much as I did.
Roasted Cauliflower and Bacon Recipe
1 head Cauliflower, chopped into florets
4 Slices Bacon, diced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Shallot, minced
1/2 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In oven proof sauté pan, sauté bacon over medium heat. When crisp, remove to paper towel.
- In same pan (using bacon drippings), add garlic and onion. Sweat until soft and onions are translucent.
- Add butter and cauliflower. Stir well.
- Add bread crumbs and bacon. Stir well to coat cauliflower. Transfer to oven for 12-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and slightly browned. Serve hot.