Some flavors seem to combine naturally. A perfect example of this is white chocolate and raspberry. For some reason the sweet and tart flavors of a seasonal raspberry combined with the creaminess of white chocolate just gel somehow. You see this flavor combination in cheesecakes, muffins, quick breads and even ice creams. What could top these desserts? White Chocolate Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding.
There is something about using Croissants in your bread pudding that elevates it to decadent. Add those raspberries and white chocolate and you have amazing! This White Chocolate Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding is creamy, sweet and has just that hint of tart when you bite into a raspberry. Give this indulgent dessert a try this weekend. You will end any meal with a bang!
White Chocolate Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
3 Croissants, day old, cut in half horizontally
1 Whole egg
4 Egg yolks
1 1/2 Cups Heavy cream
1 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Raspberries
3/4 Cup White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together egg, egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla, until sugar dissolves. Set mixture aside.
- In 8×8 baking pan (or something of similar size), add bottom halves of croissants.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the raspberries and 1/2 of the white chocolate chips. Add tops of croissants. Sprinkle remaining raspberries and white chocolate chips over top.
- Pour custard mixture over croissants. Soak for 10 minutes, pressing the croissants down gently every few minutes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set. Serve hot.