For reasons I will not bore you with, I can no longer eat chocolate. Yes, I know…a travesty! So these days I am always looking for some kind of chocolate substitute. I haven’t found the perfect alternative yet but I will always be looking. Until then, these Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply delicious! They are buttery and creamy with sweet white chocolate and a background flavor of citrusy orange. Kind of shortbready (we will all just pretend that shortbready is a word). I really enjoy them and think you will too! Give them a try this week and let me know what you think!
Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour (All Purpose)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and both sugars together. Add in egg and orange zest. Beat with mixer.
- In small bowl, stir flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to butter mixture.
- Add white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are evenly distributed.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop tablespoons of the batter about one inch apart. Flatten slightly with your finger tips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to very lightly brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 3-5 minutes. Finish cooling on a wire rack.