I visited a specialty market recently and found some very nice looking sea bass, which I cannot always find in my local grocery store. I knew I wanted to try something a little different. After some research on the flavors that go well with this flaky fish, I decided on serving the sea bass with a Tomato and Green Olive Sauce. I have to say that although I am not generally a fish lover, this sauce would just about make me eat anything it is served over! The sauce is slightly creamy and wonderfully salty with the briny olives. A very slight kick is there too. When the fish was devoured, I saved the sauce and had a very tasty pasta lunch the next day. Pick up some sea bass soon and fall in love with this Tomato and Green Olive Sauce!
Sea Bass with a Tomato and Green Olive Sauce Recipe
3 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Sea bass filets
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/2 Medium onion, thinly sliced
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Cup Green olives, halved
1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Heavy cream
2 Tbsp Butter
- Heat 1 tbls olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add sea bass for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbls olive oil. Add garlic, then onion. When onions are softened add tomatoes. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, green olives, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer.
- Add sea bass. Cover and gently simmer about 10 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fish to serving plate.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add butter and cream. Allow sauce to thicken. Serve over fish.