For many people, this last weekend was a long, three day holiday weekend. For whatever reason, a three day weekend equates to cheeseburgers for many of us. I think the cheeseburger calling has something to do with a need for grilling on long weekends…a celebration of all things grilled regardless of the weather or the season. Think about it…can you recall a holiday weekend where you walk outside and don’t smell the neighbors grilling?
Well, the weather didn’t hold out for grilling this weekend but that never stopped a good cheeseburger, did it? This Bacon Cheeseburger with Garlic Mayo is full of flavor from the tasty, toasted onion roll to the zesty garlic mayonnaise to the delicious juicy burger. Don’t wait for the next holiday weekend to make these burgers though – whip some up this week!
Bacon Cheeseburger with Garlic Mayo Recipe
1 Clove Garlic, minced finely
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 lb Ground chuck
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
4 Onion rolls, sliced in half
Lettuce, tomato and onion
4 Slices Thick sliced bacon
4 Slices Sharp cheddar cheese
Ketchup and mustard
- Mix garlic and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Remove all bacon drippings except 2 tablespoons.
- While bacon is cooking, mix ground chuck, worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper together. When well combined, divide meat into four equal patties.
- Over medium heat, sauté burgers in same skillet to desired doneness on both sides. Top with cheese to melt. Set burgers aside.
- Toast rolls.
- Build burgers: spread mayo, ketchup and mustard on one side of rolls; add burgers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and bacon.