My sister and I have different tastes…I observe this just about any time we order a sub sandwich or visit a salad bar. Her subs and salads consist of black olives, pickles, hot peppers, cheese and oil and vinegar. My subs and salads have one thing in common with hers…cheese, and not the pepper jack kind. So when we went to a specialty grocery store recently, my sister about fainted with excitement when she saw that they offered homemade jalapeno pickle chips. They somehow disappeared within a few hours of her getting home so I decided to try my hand at some Jalapeno Pickle Chips. I really didn’t want to have to visit this grocery store every weekend.
These Jalapeno Pickle Chips are so easy and are perfect for sandwiches, salads or just for snacking. If you are like my sister and love tangy pickles combined with a kick of heat, give these Jalapeno Pickle Chips a try!
Jalapeno Pickle Chips Recipe
2 lb Pickling cucumbers
2 Jalapenos, sliced
1/2 Medium onion, thinly sliced
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp Coarse salt
2 Cups Apple Cider vinegar
1 Cup Light brown sugar
1 Tbsp Mustard seed
1 tsp Celery seed
- In bowl, add first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, rinse and drain cucumbers in colander. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook remaining ingredients. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add cucumber mix to sterile mason jars. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers, leaving a small amount of room at top of jars. Allow to cool uncovered.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate. Keep up to three weeks.