Are you like me and just sometimes crave some crispy chicken? Don’t go through the drive through of your favorite fried chicken joint…try this Crispy Rosemary Chicken. This chicken will be so much more satisfying with more flavor but without the breading. There simply is no need to bread and fry your chicken (which is sooooo messy!) when you can throw this very easy main dish together.
Did you catch that I said “very easy”? I really meant it. Just throw oil, herbs and chicken in a bowl, stir, and bake. The hardest part of this chicken is taking a spoon and basting the chicken at the end (basting is the secret to crispy chicken). Want to make it a full meal? Throw some potatoes and a veg in the oven too! Try this truly simple Crispy Baked Rosemary Chicken this week and let me know what you think. You won’t regret skipping the drive through!
Crispy Baked Rosemary Chicken Recipe
4 Bone in chicken leg quarters, with skin on
2/3 Cup Olive oil
2 tsp Fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken then remaining ingredients. Stir to ensure all of the chicken is covered.
- Add chicken with all of the marinade in a single layer in a large baking dish with high sides.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered. Baste two to three times during the last 15 minutes to ensure a crispy skin.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.